of the Caravan and Motorhome Club
Suffolk Centre
of the Caravan and Motorhome Club
Suffolk Centre
of the Caravan and Motorhome Club





UPDATE 17th June 2020

The Suffolk Committee has had to make some very hard decisions having received updated information from the Club on Covid-Secure Guidance. The whole nature of a rally will be altered and there will be many aspects that can not go ahead such as social gatherings – even flagpole. The wellbeing and safety of all our members is our first consideration. A rally is a sociable event, we are sociable people, and so we have taken the hard decision to cancel all Suffolk rallies for July and August 2020.

A full statement from the committee, with a summary of the guidance can be read here


UPDATE 10th June 2020

To those of you who may have seen the update on the Club website and the many comments in social media groups, nothing has changed from the post on here of 8th June. No actual date has been given by Government for caravan parks/sites etc. as yet. As a Centre, we will have to wait for specific information/guidelines and look at each rally still in the programme, to make sure it is viable and all requirements can be followed. All our venues are different. All we do know is that we will be asked to follow social distancing and social gathering restrictions. Some Centres have already cancelled their programmes for July, some August and some possibly further ahead. As soon as we know more, so will you.

UPDATE 8th June 2020

We have received some brief information from the Club to Centres to update the current position. The Club is working towards a possible re-open date of 4 July in line with the Governments indicated timeline – this may change. They have already indicated on their website they hope for a phased re-opening of sites and CLs. Documents are currently being worked on for a specific covid-secure protocol/advice to Centres to help with the rallies when they can take place. It is hoped we will receive guidance notes early next week, when they hope to have had more clarity from the Government, and once the committee has had time to see the implications we will update members as soon as we can. Our members and marshals safety and wellbeing will be a major consideration.

Message from our Chairman

Connie & I sincerely hope that all are our members are well and coping with the interruption to our caravanning.

I am aware that some of our senior members are passing away during this lockdown, under normal circumstances I like to represent the Suffolk Centre at these members & past members funerals, however as I am sure you are all aware this is not an option at the moment and it saddens me that I can not do this, however our thoughts are with the families and friends in these difficult times.

Please continue to advise the centre if you are aware of the passing of any member or past member of the centre, and you would like to let members know on the website or our face book page.

Please Stay safe and well and we look forward to meeting up again when it is safe to do so.  Garry

UPDATE 23rd March 2020. The Suffolk Centre committee has now received guidance from the centre advising that no Club rallies are to be held until after 30th June 2020. Therefore the following rallies are being cancelled, Flixton, Tattingstone, French Holiday, Bromeswell and Clare Priory.All those booked to attend will be contacted by the marshals involved.


UPDATE 22nd March 2020.  The Caravan and Motorhome Club has now announced closure of all it’s sites, including CL’s, with immediate effect until 30th June 2020.  Those with future bookings will be contacted.  Arrangements will be made with those on site re their departure. A full notice is on the Club’s website.  As yet we wait to hear on outcome for the Club’s Centres.


UPDATE:  18th March 2020.  The Suffolk Centre committee has now received information on the Club/Rallies.  We understand that the National event, end of May, has been cancelled and those attending will be contacted in due course.  The Club site network remains open and they are not advising, at this time, that rallies should be cancelled.  However, all social events associated with a rally should not proceed – anything such as a Dinner Dance or other form of social gathering should be cancelled or postponed.  All meetings in enclosed spaces (such as committee meetings) are to be postponed.  This we have done but will arrange reports via email to keep members updated. However, whether a rally should run or not is being left to Centres, and taking advice, looking at the current Government advice, what other Centres are doing, Suffolk Committee has taken the very hard decision to cancel all rallies in our programme to the weekend of 1st June.  This will involve:  Peewit at Felixstowe, Forest Camping at Tangham, VE Day at Kersey Mill, Rede Hall, Meare Weekend at Thorpeness and The Lawns Holiday Rally at Spalding.  All those booked to attend will be contacted by the marshals involved and should any future Rally Marshal have issues or questions – especially those for June and July, they are asked to contact Alan as Rally Secretary in the first instance.  Rallies are social events and the well-being of our members and Rally Marshals is of paramount importance in these uncertain times.  We will keep an update going, as and when anything changes. We will be looking at the June onwards rallies in early May. 


Coronavirous outbreak.  The Suffolk Centre committee wish to assure members that at present we are following the guidelines received from the Club in a message dated 3rd March 2020, in which they are aware of Centre concerns and can only “reiterate the message from trusted sources that there is no need to take any action at this stage and that it is not recommended that large events are cancelled.  In the event that this advice changes over the coming days and weeks, we will provide you with an update and any appropriate advice.”

All updates, as we receive them, will be put on this website and your Rally Marshals will be kept fully informed with regard to their rallies. 

UPDATE:  9th March 2020.  Following todays COBRA meeting there has been no change to previous advice.  Further updates will follow as and when received.


Garry Pyett, Chairman, Suffolk Centre.


  • Garry Pyett